I was able to get an advance copy of Max Lucado’s book Fearless and I want to tell you I was impressed. I’ve never read any of his books before even though I’ve seen them on the bookshelves. I tend to stay away from prolific authors because a lot of times it’s just the same-o same-o, know what I mean? It took me less than two days to finish the book…even with moving and unpacking. It was an interesting read.
I am the worrier. I worry for myself. I worry for my family. I worry for the people at my job. Fear and worry run along the same vein. Lucado said on page 10 “…fear feels dreadful. It sucks the life out of the soul, curls us into an embryonic state, and drains us dry of contentment.” How true is that! I’ve been working very hard on giving up my worries to God. The book is filled with passages calling us to be courageous and not filled with fears over our children, our finances, things happening in this world…of dying. It also has a discussion guide for individuals or groups.
Definitely a good book to read.
- I'm spinning to win the products that I want on Win It! and winning points to spend too! #instantwingame… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 20 hours ago
- “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord fo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Got my free chance to win 3-Piece Luggage Set. Tons of wins here! winitapp.com/xtra/ligxa4w690 #instantwingame 2 days ago
- Got my free chance to win Gaming System. Tons of wins here! winitapp.com/xtra/hli8jndlg3 #instantwingame 2 days ago