I was able to get an advance copy of Max Lucado’s book Fearless and I want to tell you I was impressed. I’ve never read any of his books before even though I’ve seen them on the bookshelves. I tend to stay away from prolific authors because a lot of times it’s just the same-o same-o, know what I mean? It took me less than two days to finish the book…even with moving and unpacking. It was an interesting read.
I am the worrier. I worry for myself. I worry for my family. I worry for the people at my job. Fear and worry run along the same vein. Lucado said on page 10 “…fear feels dreadful. It sucks the life out of the soul, curls us into an embryonic state, and drains us dry of contentment.” How true is that! I’ve been working very hard on giving up my worries to God. The book is filled with passages calling us to be courageous and not filled with fears over our children, our finances, things happening in this world…of dying. It also has a discussion guide for individuals or groups.
Definitely a good book to read.
- 5 #WINNER #GIVEAWAY! #Litom LED Motion Sensor #Solar #Light + $10 #Amazon GC! @Love_MrsMommy https://t.co/PHEkQOwta7 bit.ly/2stvMMx 13 hours ago
- Enter to win #rwm #July4Hop #giveaway at @Savinginseconds for your chance to choose a LOLL towel poncho. bit.ly/2sh5SZq 13 hours ago
- Which LOLL will you choose? Enter to win the versatile swimsuit cover-up in #July4Hop #giveaway by 6/30 #rwm bit.ly/2sh5SZq 13 hours ago
- RT @imperfectwomen: 7 Ways Gardening is Good for Your Health imperfectwomen.com/7-ways-gardeni… #gardening 13 hours ago
- RT @BrokenTeepee: The Farm Cats Celebrate National Adopt a Cat Month @PetmateProducts #cats #catbed AD brokenteepee.com/farm-cats-cele… 13 hours ago